The Carr Family

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Jobu

We made the decision to put our sweet Jobu down before we left for Savannah. She had a tumor on her back right leg that grew from a small grape to a large lemon in a matter of weeks. We've had her since late 2001 and she's been with us in every place that we've lived. She accompanied me to Florida when I did my 6 week internship at the zoo and kept me from feeling alone when Michael was traveling all of the time for work. She slept on my side of the bed every night until we brought Connor home from the hospital. Slowly she began to warm up to him and they got along pretty well. Explaining to him that she was no longer going to be with us was hard because his response was, "I don't want her to go because I love her." So sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Russ and Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Jobu. Pets are a part of our family and it is never easy to let them go. I'm so glad that she didn't suffer and you had so many wonderful years with her. I'm here if you need anything. We've been thinking lots about you lately.... Take care

8:54 PM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

So sorry about Jobu. I know it's hard to lose a pet that is such a part of the family. We'll be thinking about you guys. Take care.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i am so sorry to hear about Jobu! They become like our children and really they were our first ones!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a sweet picture of JoBuby. As you've said, that was her favorite spot. I'll miss her too. Love, Mom

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jamison said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Jobu.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home