The Carr Family

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sesame Street Concert

Today we went to see "Sesame Street Live" with Connor.
Mmmmm.....cotton candy. He wasn't much on it though so Michael and I had to eat the rest. Can you guess how much it cost? $5.00!! Craziness. The real kicker was when the man with 50 Elmo balloons came by on the 15 minute break and every kid in the place wanted one. As one father passed by, red balloon in hand, he mouthed to his wife, "This was $10!" What??? I couldn't believe it, $10 for a balloon? That's highway robbery in my opinion. No way was I going to shell out that much money for a stinkin' balloon that would get stuck to the ceiling in the two story entry way at our house. Said balloon never to be seen again until the helium starts to leak.

Overall, Connor enjoyed the concert and said his favorite character was Cookie Monster. Me? I prefer "Wicked" over this performance, but we didn't go for ourselves.
Oh the things we do for our kids.

3 Comments:

Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Good thing you didn't stop by the toy counter! They charge about $75 for a freakin' $5 Big Bird figure!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Spears said...

we went on Sunday also :) I agree, Wicked was definitely better, but i really enjoyed the show as much as Caleb. We were lucky and made it out of there w/out buying anything...I agreed to buy him a $5 toy at TJ Maxx if we could bypass the overpriced toys there. I think it's a sin that they brought those balloons out there at intermission, and then asked everyone to put them under their seats when the show started back up...

1:08 PM  
Blogger The Carrs said...

I know it's just wrong to do that to parents. Of course if you bring out balloons every kid in the place is going to want one. They had a set of the characters (we're talking small plastic ones) for $25! I couldn't believe it.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home