The Carr Family

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Conversations With Connor

When you have a curious four year old under your roof you have lots of conversations throughout the day and some get pretty deep. Here are two recent ones I wanted to share (and remember).

RE: Loved ones passing away/Heaven, etc. brought up as we drove by the cemetery we pass every day.

Connor: "Mom, why are those flowers there?"

Mommy: "Because that's where people are buried when they pass away."

Connor: "If they are buried, how do they get to Heaven?"

Mommy: "Their souls go to Heaven, but their body stays buried."

Connor: "How does God come and get them then?"

Mommy: "Ummmmm." (Note to self: Buy a book on how to explain death to a 4 year old.)

Connor: "I bet that God has wings, and he flies down and takes them back to Heaven!"

Mommy: "I think you're right Connor."

Conversation #2 earlier this evening:

Connor: "If I get sick and go to Heaven can I come back later, like after the weekend?"

Mommy: "No, once you go to Heaven you stay there forever."

Connor: "You mean I can't come back down? I bet God would let me."

Mommy: "Oh really? You think God would let you leave Heaven to come see us?"

Connor: "Yeah, if I asked nicely."

Gotta love a boy with good manners!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home