The Carr Family

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Cooper's Here!!!

Finally we have some news to share! My water broke at 11:30 last night and we headed straight to the hospital. I got admitted and was having contractions less than 5 minutes apart. In triage they said I was 6cm dilated and 80% effaced, not 25 minutes later they wheeled me into the delivery room and Michael went to get our bags and park the car. As soon as he left I had non-stop contractions and felt I needed to push right then. The nurse said he was ready to come out and I had to call Michael's cell phone to tell him to run! He and the Doctor met in the hallway and ran down together. I had no time for an epidural or anything he just came right out weighing in at 9 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long. Cooper Matthew Helton Carr has lots of very dark hair and looks like a little sumo wrestler. We will post pictures very soon! What a story we have to share with him when he gets older!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fritsche Family said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! What a big boy! Glad the labor was fast! Can't wait to see pics of the new little guy.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

So glad he's here and everyone is healthy. Proud of you with no epidural!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

So glad he's here and everyone is healthy. Proud of you with no epidural!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home