The Carr Family

Monday, July 06, 2009

Comments from Connor


Living with a 3 1/2 almost 4 year old can be trying at times, but then they'll bust out a few one liners that just crack you up. I have daily comments that I try and remember to pass on to his dear old dad when he comes home from work, but my brain is just to full of other things to remember them all. Here are a few I'd like to share......
When packing for Florida in May he was jumping all over the bed and in our suitcases. Mommy says, "Connor if you don't quit jumping on this bed I'm gonna make you take a nap!" His reply dripping with sarcasm, "I'll give YOU a nap!"
Upon returning from Florida we opened up the old sandbox in the back forty to discover ants has taken up residence. I tried my best to get them out, but Connor as always had to question how they had gotten there. My usual response, "I don't know why." He ponders for a moment and says, "I guess God put them there." Good enough.
He's watched a few Disney movies that have words like, "shut up" and "stupid." We had to have a talk about why we don't say these things because they aren't nice words. So he's constantly reminding us at random moments that we don't say shut up and stupid.
Another word added to the list is "whatever." Here is how he uses it in a sentence....Mommy: "Connor please come put on your shoes so we can GO!" Connor: "Whatever." (said perfectly as a teenager would which makes me realize I don't want him to be a teenager, ever). I know for sure that he got it from me because I say it all of the time. Now he loves to be Mr. Hall Monitor and will say, "Did I hear someone say whatever?"
Next example.....while eating dinner at Red Robin with Michael's parents he ordered a hamburger. Being 3 means that he's not the most patient person especially when the meal includes french fries. The waitress comes by to check on us and he asks, "Where in the HELMET is my hamburger??" We all just looked at each other. Yes, you can figure out what he was really trying to say. We had to have a talk about that as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

i am just waiting for audrey to say something that she learned from me! these are cute :D

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home